Photobooth Photostrip tutorial and FREE TEMPLATE!

Thanks for all of the inquiries on this photostrip! I thought I would add a tutorial on how to use the Template. In the download, you will get 1 1.5×7 photostrip (best for web) AND a 5×7 template with 3 photostrips (easy printing at any store)
Photobucket
Open up your photostrip template. For this tutorial, I will use the single strip template. Open the photos you want to place in the template.
Select the first photo. Press CTRL A to select the entire photo. Now press CTRL C to copy the photo.

Photobucket

Now choose the Magic wand tool on the left (you may have to right click to wand tool in order to find the “magic wand tool”.

Photobucket

Select your template. Click on the layer named “photostrip”. Take your magic wand tool and select the top box. Only the top box should be selected.
To insert the photo you already copied, go to EDIT>PASTE INTO.
Notice that although the pic is large, it only shows up in that top box.
Press CTRL T (transform)
Put your cursor on a corner box and while holding the SHIFT key (this will keep the correct dimensions), and resize the photo to make it fit.
Press ENTER to set the size.

Photobucket

IMPORTANT!! Keep following the steps above for each photo. Be sure that before you add each additional photo, you MUST select the “photostrip” layer.

Photobucket

Here is the final look of all of the layers before I flatten. Once I was done, I decided I wanted a vintagy b/w feel. So I ran a vintage b/w action to the entire strip.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

This is what the 5×7 set of 3 strips will look like. To do what I did here, I inserted the photos into the first column, merged the photos into the same layer, pressed CTRL J to duplicate the column of photos and just dragged them over to the next column. It took seconds.
Now, they can print these at any store and just cut them down to size.
Photostrip Template Download
Just added:
4×6 Photostrip download (2 strips)

This entry was posted in Free Templates, Tutorials - Photoshop.

24 Comments

1. Danica October 13, 2009 at 2:22 am #

You the bomb, Stac. Thanks!!

2. sandh2o October 13, 2009 at 2:23 am #

Thank you for being so generous!

3. Cynthia Jill Photography October 13, 2009 at 2:30 am #

Hi, from a fellow photog from TwoPeas. Thanks for sharing this great tutorial! I'll have to try it sometime!

4. *katie* October 13, 2009 at 3:47 am #

Awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing!

5. barb October 13, 2009 at 3:58 am #

It's fabulous!! Thanks!

6. Christi October 13, 2009 at 2:47 pm #

I love it! Thank you.

7. Diana October 13, 2009 at 6:47 pm #

YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK!! THANK YOU FOR THE TEMPLATES

8. waipuilani October 14, 2009 at 2:37 am #

So awesome, thank you Stacey!

9. Sheryl October 14, 2009 at 4:11 pm #

super duper :) thank you!!!

10. gluGirl October 14, 2009 at 8:06 pm #

Thank you, I will try this later!

11. tracie October 21, 2009 at 10:54 pm #

Thanks so much Stacey!

12. Heather October 22, 2009 at 7:55 pm #

Oh my gosh!! I am embarrassed to say that I didn't know about the select and copy. I had always done free transform and try to make it fit. YOU are so amazing!! Thank you for sharing the tutorial and for sharing the template!! Seriously, you are the best!!
    One day I hope to return the favor and actually teach you some genious things. You seriously are so awesome!

13. Cameron November 21, 2009 at 2:33 am #

Oh, this is so super perfect! I found this through a Google search b/c I was looking for a template! Thanks so much for posting it! :) The only suggestion I'd make to anyone else trying it is to make sure that your Magic Wand tool is in "Contiguous", otherwise it will select all four rectangles and get you nowhere. :) Great template and tutorial, thanks again!

14. Lillian February 14, 2010 at 3:53 am #

I just downloaded this and used it tonight and loved the way it turned out. Thanks for creating this and giving it away. You are awesome!

15. Lori Putman May 1, 2010 at 6:11 pm #

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for your generosity.

16. Lisa May 28, 2010 at 11:05 am #

Thank you! Doing a home-made 'photobooth' for a graduation party – scaled your template down to a 3 up on 4×6 for easy printing on the spot. Looks great. FUN! FYI – I merged the three photo strip layers to 'paste into' each image across the three strips without having to select each strip layer. Works just fine.

17. Melissa November 17, 2010 at 6:43 pm #

I cannot thank you enough for the templates and tutorials! My fiance and I have been looking DIY photo booth strips for our save the dates and this is absolutely perfect! :)

18. Jacqi February 15, 2011 at 7:09 pm #

Thank you for the tutorial! I used it to make my Christmas cards!

19. ceebird12 February 21, 2011 at 7:45 pm #

to lisa (posting made on may 28th awhile back /prays that you see this) how did you scale it down to be used on a 4×6 photo sheet. i'm doing a diy photobooth at my friends reception and we want to try to use 4×6 paper since it will be easiest!

20. ceebird12 February 21, 2011 at 8:26 pm #

to lisa… how did you scale the template to be used on 4×6 photos? we're doing a DIY photobooth at my friends reception and 4×6 photo paper would make this so much easier. please help!

21. Stacey Bishop February 23, 2011 at 1:39 am #

So glad everyone is loving this!!!

Hey Ceebird12, I created a 4×6 version that is now linked below the other photostrip link. I was only able to fit 2 strips but I hope this helps:)

Stacey

22. LaDonna July 12, 2011 at 2:40 pm #

Thank you so much for the templates and the tutorial! You are very kind to share!

23. Melissa Deline Photography September 5, 2011 at 5:45 am #

Thank you SO much for the template…my last wedding did the photo booth, so this is a great way to show them the images!!!

24. Sara September 28, 2011 at 11:27 pm #

Thanks so much for the template! I'm part of a mom's group for amateur and professional photographers. I recently hosted a playdate where I set up photo booths and the kids made silly faces. I provided a link to your template so our moms could make a strip after the shoot. Here's a link to mine: http://thestrakafamilynest.blogspot.com/2011/09/photo-booth.html
    Your strip is the color version on the right. Great tutorial, too. We appreciate it!